October 26 - October 27
1940s Weekend event; a two day event in October (Saturday 26 & Sunday 27, 2019) that will be commemorating the World War II era.
Throughout the two days there will be a host of 1940s related activities and entertainment taking place around the museum site, including alongside our famous Anderson Shelter/Dig for Victory Garden; the World War II era ROC Post; and in a marquee that will be erected alongside Hangar 2.
– Military or civilian vehicles – from 1940s (or before); with their occupants ideally dressing in period clothing
– Model displays of aircraft, ships & vehicles from the period
– Homefront re-enactment people/groups, dressed in period clothing, including those with vehicles & equipment as part of a display
– Cockpits/Aircraft/Aircraft Interior Displays/Engines from the WWII period
– WWII veteran associations or similar groups or those that support these groups